The on-line shop is currently closed and will not re-open until Monday 26 March as we get ready for Miniatura. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Come and see us at the UK’s leading Dolls House shows :
Spring Miniatura – Dolls’ House Show
NEC, Birmingham, UK
24th – 25th March 2018
Kensington Dollshouse Festival
11th – 12th May 2018
Welcome to my website where you can find specialist items for your dolls house. All of our products are either 1/12th scale or small enough for 1/24th scale dolls houses. Our products include:
– hand stitched miniature books in leather and printed cover finishes
– individual solid books, book blocks & stacks ideal as bookcase fillers
– elaborate prints in gold frames from original artists covering the Tudor to Edwardian periods
The Shop includes all of my books, prints, frames and some of our other accessories – the whole website can easily be searched for specific items (i.e. if you wish to see Tudor prints type ‘Tudor’ into the search box, press enter and then scroll down the page to see all items with the word Tudor in the description). As before our payment system is secure via Paypal.
Supporting The National Trust and Upton House
In 1927 Lord and Lady Bearsted viewed Upton House with ‘the eye of imagination’ and soon set about creating their made-to-measure country home, employing local people the house and grounds were renovated over the following years. Lord Bearstead was an avid art lover and over time collected in excess of 200 paintings including those by Stubb’s, Reynolds, Romney, Hogarth, Bruegel, Bosch, Jan Steen, and Spanish artists such as El Greco and Guardi. This year Upton House are inviting visitors to help re-create Upton in miniature and to complement the ‘Made-To-Measure’ project one of Upton’s volunteers has made a 1/12th scale doll’s house.
Ellie de Lacy Miniatures are delighted to support The National Trust and Upton House in this project and are furnishing the dining room with prints of all of the paintings that hang in the actual dining room:
- The Haymakers by George Stubbs
- The Reapers by George Stubbs
- The Labourers by George Stubbs
- Francis Popham by an unknown 18th century artist of the British (English) School
- Francis Dukinfield Astley and his Harriers by Benjamin Marshall
- Peter Beckford’s Hounds by Francis Sartorius I
- Two Couples of Hounds in a Park Landscape with two Terriers by Francis Sartorius I
- Two Couples of Foxhounds in a Park Landscape with two Terriers by Francis Sartorius I
- A Man with a Gun (called ‘Mr Poyntz of Bath’) by British (English) School
- John Corbet and the Warwickshire Foxhounds by Thomas Weaver
- Thomas Sebright with the Fitzwilliam Hounds by Richard Barrett Davis
If you wish to get involved please visit the Upton House website. If you wish to contribute and would like us to make the framed print(s) for you please email Upton’s Dollshouse Team to see what they need, once you have decided then simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make the print(s) and send them to you so you can see them before you contribute them to Upton House.
Our framed prints of Upton House paintings are £12.50 each + p&p (orders over £50 p&p free).
10 NEW Winter Scene Prints
- Breaking the Ice by George Morland dated 1792 – Georgian (WS101G)
- Road to Versailles at Louveciennes by Camille Pissarro dated 1869 – Victorian (WS102V)
- Sheep in the Snow by Joseph Farquharson dated 1935 or before – Edwardian (WS103E)
- The Castle of Muiden in Winter by Jan Abrahamsz Beerstraten dated 1658 – Stuart (WS104S)
- The Magpie by Claude Monet dated 1869 – Victorian (WS105V)
- The shortening winter’s day is near a close by Joseph Farquharson dated 1903 – Edwardian (WS106E)
- Winter by Jacob Grimmer dated second half of 16th century – Tudor (WS107T)
- Winter Landscape with a Windmill by Hendrick Avercamp dated c.1615 – Stuart (WS108S)
- Winter Scene by Louis Remy Mignot dated 1856 – Victorian (WS109V)
- York to London Royal Mail coach in snow by Henry Thomas Alken dated 19th century – Georgian (WS110G)
This is an amazing opportunity to purchase the Complete Boxed Collection of Beatrix Potter books, 23 books in total in a slip case. Each book is hand stitched, has a printed cover and gold title on spine. You can also purchase these books individually by clicking here.
(click on the image below to go direct to the Complete Boxed Collection of Beatrix Potter books in the shop)
We now have a range of over 100 Handmade Printed Books. The shop lists these by category (i.e. Birds, Costume, Atlas, Natural History etc.) View the books on-line by going to our shop and order today.
George Stubbs Prints (Georgian Period)
7 New Prints from Goerge Stubbs:
- Haymakers (G127)
- Reapers (G128)
- The Labourers (G129)
- King Charles Spaniel (G130)
- Mares and Foals in a River Landscape (G131)
- The Grosvenor Hunt (G132)
- The Hunters Leave Southill (G133)
Special Edition Prints
(click on the image below to go direct to the Henry VIII collection in the shop)
Sit back and watch our slideshows to see the prints we can offer:
Kings and Queens of England
Henry VIII & His 6 Wives
Prints in Landscape
Prints in Portrait
National Trust Upton House Dining Room
We now have a range of over 100 New Prints. The shop lists these by era (i.e. Tudor, Elizabethan, Edwardian etc.) as well as by certain artists (i.e. Constable, Landseer, Hurt etc.). Look out for our special editions (Henry VII & His 6 Wives, Kings and Queens of England). View the prints on-line by going to our shop and order today.